Dizin Ski Resort
- Car parking
- Coffee shop
- Entrance fee
Dizin is a ski resort in Iran, the largest in the country, depending on the city of Karaj, in the Alborz mountain range, not far from Tehran and Mount Damavand. The ski track, which has also been approved by the International Ski Federation, has the potential to host world-class competitions.
Dizin was founded in 1969 and acquired its reputation thanks to the quality of its snow, due to its altitude (one of the 20 highest ski resorts in the world) and its north-facing slopes. Hotels, villas, and private apartments around the ski resort can accommodate thousands of people each year.
How to access the Dizin Ski Resort
- The main one (130 km or two hours drive) goes through Karaj (40 km west of the capital). It is necessary to take the direction of Chalus Road (city at the coast of Caspian Sea) while going up towards the north. On the way, we drive along the beautiful Amir Kabir dam lake. Shortly after the village of Gachsar, we leave the main road to turn right for the last 10 km in the direction of Dizin.
- The other route which passes through Shemshak is much shorter (70 km) but climbs higher and therefore is very snowy and can only be taken at the end of the ski season.
The Dizin Ski Resort area consists of a vast structure as follows:
- on the left, a valley served by a gondola with a vertical drop of 500 m
- in the center, a gondola in 2 sections of 900m drops. The 2nd section is doubled by a chairlift. There are also 4 ski lifts starting more or less from the middle station.
- on the right, a valley of 700 m of vertical drop equipped as follows: a first section served by a cable car doubled with a chairlift, a second section served by a chairlift doubled with a ski lift. At the middle station, there is a ski lift for beginners and a large ski lift starting at the far right of the area.
- finally, at the bottom of the station, there are still two ski lifts
- The resort also has two hotels, 19 huts, and five restaurants, as well as private apartments. However, many visitors do not stay overnight, as the place is only a two-hour drive from Tehran.
In summer, grass skiing is practiced in Dizin Ski Resort. The first international competition took place in 1996. In 2005 Dizin hosted the Grass Ski World Championships and in 2010 the Grass Ski Junior World Championships.
Photos: Borna NA